Thursday, January 31, 2008

mat



Before Christmas I got it into my head that I would sew coasters. By the time I got through the second or third piece, this idea turned out to be boring in both process and result, and also pretty poor on consistency of execution. But I didn't mind sewing little random squares that ended up looking a lot like homemade pancakes, so the question became, now what to do? I re-classified a few coasters as something I'm calling "vase mats", and that made it more fun. And then with some others, I'm doing some patchwork experimentation. I haven't tried to set a vase on this one yet, I'll try that crazy triple fusion of ideas tomorrow maybe. It would be interesting if I had a lot more of them (i.e. more than one.). Check back in several many months from now...?

No comments: